The Ferrell Center, the location of Commencement ceremonies, is on the corner of S. University Parks Dr. and LaSalle Ave. on the Baylor campus. The physical address is 1900 S. University Parks Dr., Waco, TX 76706.
- The parking lot at Ferrell Center is accessible from both University Parks Dr. and LaSalle Ave.
- Parking for handicap or physically impaired individuals is accessible from the Daughtrey Street entrance off S. University Parks Dr.
- A circular drive located at the main entrance to Ferrell Center is available for those wishing to drop off guests.
- Those with guests with limited mobility should ask a parking attendant for curbside drop-off prior to parking.
Parking Garage Shuttles
Waco Transit shuttle transportation from East Village Parking Garage, picking up at the corner of 3rd and Daughtrey, will be available beginning 90 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are NOT required for seating.
- Allow sufficient time to park, proceed through security and be seated.
- If your guests require accommodations, plan to arrive early to avoid the heavy crowds in the parking areas and along the concourse.
- Wheelchair seating is available inside the arena with rows in front of the area for family members. Event staff ushers will be available to guide you to these areas.
Regulations: Clear Bag Policy & Security
Baylor University has implemented the clear bag policy for commencement ceremonies at the Ferrell Center. All degree candidates, faculty and guests must walk through metal detectors in order to enter the stadium.
Under this policy, all degree candidates, faculty and guests may carry:
- One clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches or a one-gallon, re-sealable plastic freezer bag when they enter the Ferrell Center.
- Small clutches approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, measuring no larger than 4½ inches by 6½ inches, are also permitted.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment, which will be inspected upon entry to the Ferrell Center.
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
Prohibited Items & Behavior
In conjunction with the Big 12 Conference and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
- Artificial noisemakers
- Balloons of any type
- Banners and poles
- Diaper bags
- Fatheads, posters or signs
- Video cameras, camera lenses larger than 4 inches, tripods and monopods
- Chairbacks and cushions
- Outside food and beverage
- Outside flower arrangements (Floral kiosks will be available within the stadium or you may pre-order arrangements for easy pickup onsite at Ferrell.)
- Scooters, strollers, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards
- Weapons, firearms and fireworks
- Abusive, foul or disruptive behavior
- Actions deemed dangerous or inappropriate
- Smoking - traditional and non-traditional
- Throwing objects
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
*Exceptions will be made for those with service animals.