Cap and Gown
- Degree candidates for the bachelor and master's degrees wear traditional academic dress which can be purchased online at the Baylor Bookstore.
- Items such as flowers, decorative jewelry and other non-academic adornments are not appropriate for the commencement ceremony.
- Mortarboards should not be decorated.
- Bachelor degree regalia includes a gown with unique Baylor markings, a mortarboard and tassel.
- A stole of appreciation is strictly optional for the student to wear and present as a sign of appreciation to someone of his or her choosing.
- Bachelor regalia is priced at $85.50 plus tax. If you choose to purchase the stole of appreciation, it is an additional $45 plus tax.
- Tassels are available in different colors, depending on the type of degree.
- The bookstore will assist you in determining your color designations for tassels.
- Honor cords may be provided for membership in an academic or honor organization and are available from the organization involved.
- Honor cords are not sold at the Bookstore.
- Honor cords are for undergraduate honor/academic societies and do not denote any GPA recognition.
- It is preferred that these adornments represent academic achievement.
- Undergraduates may wear a maximum of three honor cords, medallions, sashes or stoles related to academic honors during the ceremony.
- Cords are not provided to students who are presented with the latin honors of cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude, although this designation is shown in the program and is shown on the screen as each degree candidate's name is called.
- *Any academic organization that wishes to provide these items to their membership must have approval from the Provost's Office. To request approval, contact email@example.com.
- Master's degree regalia includes a gown, mortarboard and tassel, and hood.
- Master's candidates presented with dual degrees may wear only one hood. Master's regalia is priced at $120 plus tax.
- Master's hoods will show colors to indicate the area of study.
- The bookstore will assist you in determining your color designations hoods. All master’s degrees wear a black tassel on their mortarboard except for Truett Seminary graduates who wear red.
- Baylor has its own distinctive doctoral regalia, which will be worn by all doctoral candidates at commencement.
- Regalia for doctoral degrees is purchased or rented through Herff-Jones Collegiate Apparel. The rental fee is $81. The purchase price for the robe, hood and tam is $1,055.65 which includes 8.25% tax. Allow yourself time as purchase requires a six-week delivery.
- Honor cords are not worn at the doctoral level or with doctoral regalia.
- Deadlines for ordering are included in the semester Graduate School calendar.
- For more information, visit the Graduate School website.